Thursday, May 12, 2011

I don't have a window in my room at home. I know it seems a little silly, but growing up i was always a little envious of people who did. I didn't ever spend a lot of time dwelling on it, but if it came up i thought about it.  Now here I not only have a WINDOW but  i have a whole BALCONY. No big deal.  The past 3 nights I have gotten accustomed to sleeping with the door open, so every morning i wake up to the most beautiful scene.  I am going to have to upload a picture because no amount of descriptive words would be able to describe what I get to see EVERY MORNING (really every time i walk into my room). I am in awe of this place, and i know it comes from living in a landlocked state.  I mean don't get me wrong, the Arkansas River can be beautiful, but it being just a river, can't even hold a flame to the ocean.  I get to see sailboats every morning! I know that if i lived here i wouldn't even care, I feel like my Italian friends (maybe even the American friends too) are like "they are just sailboats..." but its just one of those things that makes me think that I take so much for granted in my own life and now i am trying to just sit back and take everything in.  I am going to say this so many times this summer, but i really am so blessed and so lucky to even be here to experience this beautiful place. 


Side note:  I had the best chocolate cake i have ever experienced in my life last night. mmmm! And my gelato count is now up to 2 in 2 days :] summer of 192837412903874 pounds here i come! hahaha! 


lindz

1 comment:

  1. mannnnnn i bet that is beautiful!! waking up to that view would only make me more happy every day! i am so happy that you finally get to experience a window AND a balcony in your room. i've only had a window so i can only imagine that a balcony is like 209598750 times better!! haha ahhh lindz i sure am happy for you! plus the chocolate cake....yum. love youuuuu

    ReplyDelete