Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Country That Never Sleeps

Everyday i spend here i get more and more confident in the fact that America (or at least poor old Little Rock,AR) is boring. I am always so annoyed that nothing stays open past 10 pm and if you want to go to the places that do you have to be 21. I mean take last night for instance, we went to dinner (pizza mmmm...) and then to get coffee at this coffee bar (i had a nutella milkshake sort of thing, double mmmm) we were still at the coffee bar until almost 1 i guess. 1 am on a Tuesday! i may be overreacting just a little, but really, where in LR can you do that? And especially on a Tuesday?  I love the fact that here, nothing ever quiets down.  I am still rather jet lagged and as I was laying awake in bed last night with the door to the balcony open and i could hear motorbikes and cars zooming around the streets below, and when i woke up this morning the same sort of noises, that i am certain did not slow down throughout the night. Between the people that stay out until all hours of the early  morning and those construction workers down the block drilling and hammering and sawing and welding, i love it. I never thought that this much noise could make me feel so peaceful, i mean i am the one that gets up at 7 in the morning to tell my dog to be quiet because i cant sleep through all her racket.  Maybe its just the fact that it is another, cooler country's noise, that if i lived here i may not feel the same.  I hope you all have a great day! :] I'm not sure what is planned for the rest of mine, but i am sure it will be fantastic ;)

ciao, Lindz

3 comments:

  1. eeeeeek linda i wish i lived there with you over the summer!!! it sounds like the most amazing time ever. i wish little rock didn't suck, just to clarify, it really does suck. i am sure that if little rock would stay open like italy, it would just be the nasty joints and then no one would want to come by anymore. ahh i am so happy for you that you get to live in the most beautiful place (at least in my eyes) on earth for a whole 2 months!!! please post pictures of all the places you go to every day, or at least the surroundings, on here so we can all get a taste of the beauty! please please please :)

    i love you sooo much lindsay and again i am thrilled for you! have yet another gorgeous day ahead of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put. I love the description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the way you describe it make me wanna go there so baaad!!! i like your posts , keep us in tough.

    kimo from Istanbul :)

    ReplyDelete