Friday, July 1, 2011

ciao a tutti!!!

Ciao!!! Io sono vivo!!! io sono stato molto occupato!...allora...hey everyone! I am so sorry for being absent for almost the whole month! I have been doing so much that it is has been hard to find time to sit down and write about it all! I may not be very eloquent now, but I am going to try and summarize everything.

The food:  I have had pizza everyday for a week...only skipping one day.  One morning I even had it for breakfast. :] I am going to get home and not know what to do if we aren't eating pizza! But seriously the pizza here is the most amazing thing I have ever tasted, having it everyday is not problem! I just want to make sure everyone knows I am not complaining, just informing.  There is one that has ham, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and this green leafy thing on it. I could eat a whole meter of that by myself! Its fantastic. 

I love that we have pasta everyday for lunch. It is a different pasta everyday!  It's my own heaven.  I found out the other day that Riccardo (one of the sons that I am living with) doesn't care much for pasta!?! I nearly had a heart attack...I don't understand how you can be Italian and not like pasta! I like it enough for the both of us though. 

Ice cream.  There is a new ice cream shop literally downstairs from the apartment.  I have only been once...but it just opened. I have a feeling they will know me by the end of the summer.  We eat ice cream almost everyday at the house.  It gets so hot during the day, and even with all the doors and windows open we are all sweating, so ice cream is the only solution to cool off. Again I am not complaining. 

The Beach:  Now I don't want to make anyone jealous (maybe just a little jealous!) but just to sum this up my birthday was 7 days ago I have been to the beach 6 of those days this week.  No big deal! I am still one of the palest people here. The difference is that they are all this nice olive color...I just turn red.  There is not much more to report about the beach: I go. I sit. I get hot and go get in the water. I sit. I get back in the water. I sit. We go shower off. I sit. We leave.  It is also fantastic! So relaxing.  I want to be a professional beach bum. 

The Events:  These are going to be hard to go back and talk about.  The past 2 weeks I have been to two birthday parties (one was my own), a day on the boat, a few name day(omnastico) parties, a "class reunion", and an AFS gathering.  There are pictures of all of these things, I can't really describe them all.  I have met some of the most amazing people here and getting to hangout with all of them is so much fun!

Last night was the AFS gathering where Lello (the dad) spoke about when he was in the U.S staying with my dad and his family.  After Lello spoke he wanted me to say a few words in Italian to everyone...I would like to let everyone know that I am not a fan of speaking in English to a group of people this big...so saying it was scary was an understatement. But I didn't back out, and though it did not go as well as i would have liked it to, I can at least say that I did it.  It was a "growing experience" as my mom would say. 


I cannot believe that it is already the 1st of July.  I am not ready for this month to be here! There is so much I still want to do...but I do miss my family and friends very much.  I have said it before yall just need to come to Italy. It would make this so much easier! :] I hope everyone has a great day (week or month...depending when my next post is :) hahaha!) 


Ciao a tutti!!! Vi voglio bene (i think that is right?)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment